Seagate Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Seagate") recognizes that customers' personal data is important information that constitutes privacy, and that Seagate has a social responsibility to take the utmost care in handling such information.
Visitors to this website can make use of most of our services without disclosing any personal information. In addition, your personal information is not collected when simply browsing this website. However, please note that access to certain services might require you to provide your personal information.
Seagate has established the following "Personal Information Protection Policy" regarding the handling of personal information that is collected through the web servers installed by Seagate, and shall ensure that all directors, officers, and related employees are fully aware of said policy.
- Seagate shall maintain internal rules and take reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, the loss or falsification of personal information, or the leakage of personal information to a third party.
- Seagate shall not disclose personal information provided by our customers to a third party, except in the following cases.
- When the customer consents to said disclosure
- When disclosure is required by laws and regulations
- When Seagate discloses personal information to a subcontractor to the extent necessary to provide the customer with the requested services. In such cases, Seagate shall contractually obligate said subcontractor to manage personal information in the same manner as Seagate, and shall take steps to prevent leakage or provision of personal information by said subcontractor.
- When processed as statistical data (e.g., number of customers by gender, age, etc.) that cannot be used to identify an individual customer
- Seagate shall comply with laws, regulations, and other norms related to the protection of customers' personal information, and shall review and improve the content of the Personal Information Protection Policy as necessary.
- Privacy Information
- "Personal information," a subset of privacy information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, refers to information about a living individual that can be used to identify that specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or any other description contained in the information.
- "History information and characteristic information," also a subset of privacy information, refers to information other than "personal information" as defined above, and includes pages viewed, advertising history, search terms used by the user, date and time of use, method of use, environment of use, zip code, gender, occupation, age, IP address of the user, cookie information, location information, and individual device identification information.
- How Privacy Information is Collected
- When a user registers an account on this website, Seagate may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. In addition, Seagate may also collect from our business partners (such as information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors; hereinafter referred to as "Partners") records of transactions between a user and said Partners that include said user's personal information.
- When a user browses the websites or uses the services provided by Seagate or its Partners, Seagate may collect history information and characteristic information about said user, including pages viewed, advertising history, search terms used, date and time of use, method of use, usage environment (such as the communication status and various settings of the mobile device, when a mobile device is used to access said websites), IP addresses, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information of terminals.